Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call me a stick in the mud, but...

Default Call me a stick in the mud, but...

I don't like the new forum.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Just give them some time, I'm sure within the next few days they'll finish converting closer to the old style.

I like it!
    Regards,

RK

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, its not fully done yet. Will be working it some more today. You should start to see some more familiar elements reappearing.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I need to adjust to it as well. It's a new layout after all. As stated by Arcana, not everything is done yet, so I am certainly going to give it some time. Just remember all the people and maps are still the same
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    I need to adjust to it as well. It's a new layout after all. As stated by Arcana, not everything is done yet, so I am certainly going to give it some time. Just remember all the people and maps are still the same
    I am not the same. I have been profoundly changed by this software upgrade and my sanity just might never return. Oh wait... I was insane to begin with...hmmmm Move along people... nothing to see here...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I don't like it either...
    It is just trying to be too slick and fancy and such... and apparently it doesn't have a normal 'reply' page anymore, just the annoying quick reply thing =\

Quote Originally Posted by Imahilus View Post
    I don't like it either...
    It is just trying to be too slick and fancy and such... and apparently it doesn't have a normal 'reply' page anymore, just the annoying quick reply thing =\
    Just click the Go Advanced button in the lower right hand side, to get the full screen reply!

-Rob A>

What I miss from the old forums is the "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit but may still contain new posts" breaker when searching for new posts. It made it so easy to quickly check if there were new interesting threads, or updates to the threads I'd been following. It seems that I'll now have to try and remember when was the last time I browsed the forum

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Just click the Go Advanced button in the lower right hand side, to get the full screen reply!

-Rob A>
    There's also a "reply" and "reply with quote" link at the bottom of each post. Here's an interesting quirk - if you click the link once, it takes you to the quickreply box at the bottom of the page (with or without quote, as appropriate). A second click on the same link opens the advanced editing page.

Nifty.

[edit]
    Ok, new behavior discovered - if you use the reply/quote after the individual post, it places the quick reply box directly under that post, inserting it between posts if it's not the last one on the page.

And..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    What I miss from the old forums is the "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit but may still contain new posts" breaker when searching for new posts.
    I do agree, I do hope that will be a feature that gets reintroduced.
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 01-19-2010 at 05:25 PM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast