Thread: Some field like patterns

Post Some field like patterns

I was playing with some new filters and ended up with something I thought could be turned into field patterns. So here are a number of variants:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	field1.png 
Views:	561 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	21191 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	field2.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	641.8 KB 
ID:	21192 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	field3.png 
Views:	1804 
Size:	335.3 KB 
ID:	21194

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hey, thanks, man. This will really come in handy for me. I like the stuff going on with that bottom pic there...lots of different things there and all pretty interesting.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff here Rob - thx!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Nice stuff. That looks really good. Thanks! Any chance you'll say what the filters are that got you there?

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Nice stuff. That looks really good. Thanks! Any chance you'll say what the filters are that got you there?
    Hah! I can't remember. I was just diddling around using G'MIC toolbox which is available as both a gimp plugin and standalone. It is a bit of swiss army knife fro image manipulation.

-Rob A>

Rob>
    Would there be a way to get that kind of effect by creating a "25% grey, 75% grey" striped layer, a little blur and then your "Jagged Coastline Sandwich" on top? Add it as an overlay or screen to a "varied green" layer and ta-da...

If you wanted it isometric, then you start tinkering with the orientation of the stripes using perspective tools.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

The problem with ISO patterns is that they won't pattern well...I've been trying to create an ISO field pattern for about 5 months now (both for sat-style and for hand-drawn). The problem is called perspective. You could probably get away with using a small pattern in small patches (single farms) but anything covering areas of size gets ruined.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    The problem with ISO patterns is that they won't pattern well...I've been trying to create an ISO field pattern for about 5 months now (both for sat-style and for hand-drawn). The problem is called perspective. You could probably get away with using a small pattern in small patches (single farms) but anything covering areas of size gets ruined.
    Mine tiles seamlessly... but I am guessing that is not what you are speaking about. ISO drawings have no perspective

-Rob A>

Oh right right. Sorry. I confuse them.