Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few more issues

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is a little wonky...I've got it on my list.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Not sure where else to mention this, didn't know if I should start a new thread for it or not, but I like recycling old ones when it's for similar issues

Anyhow, I am having troubles with the advanced editor - both the wysiwig and advanced - the editing icons (link, font changer, image inliner, everything) do not work at all. the images act as simple images, and the drop downs do not repsond, it's as if each element is placed there but not set up to create any changes.

Additionally if I try to edit a post, I can edit, but the save button (or cancel, for that matter) do not respond when clicked.

I also had an issue with posts not keeping my line formatting (line preaks, etc) and running the entire thing into one long paragraph, but that seems to be fixed today.

I'm using XP with SP2 (3 won't install, i keep getting errors, dunno if that's relevant) and Firefox 3.5.7 (i think that's the latest). This has been going on for the last few days, but I have been holding off on mentioning since I figured it might be on a to-do list, but I didn't see anyone else mention it, or on the to-do list within the forum.

[test edit]
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 01-24-2010 at 10:42 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

Nope, none of those issues are on the to do list for me...They're news to me actually. firefox just released 3.6 I think, so you can try to go download that...but before you do, maybe clear your cache and restart firefox to see if that fixes it. I'd actually like you to try the cache clearing before upgrading if you don't mind. Let me know how that works out for you. I'll check in here after church. If clearing the cache doesn't work, go ahead and post it here and try the 3.6 upgrade.

You mention sp3 won't install...try viewing the site in IE whatever you're using and see if any of those buttons work. Let me know also...I'm wondering if its your PC having some kind of problem.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Ok, I'm a dork. clearing the cache worked fine.

*sits in the corner*

I should have figured on that, with all the changes to the backend of the site. Sorry for the disturbance, please pay no more attention to me, move along, nothing to see here.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I did notice one oddity (at least to me) when I was attempting to post three thumbs in the monthly challenge in a certain order (from far away to zoomed in). Using the paper clip I '+Add Files' in the order I wanted them but it automatically ordered them alphabetically.

The work around was to select one file, "upload" it, then the next. Its' not a huge problem because you can still get them in the right order by doing them one at a time but I think it should NOT be reordering them automatically.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, that one bugged me too Jax but I did it manually and figured that I can live with it. If it's something that could be fixed easily then that'd be great but if it's a time sink then do it at the end or just say "deal with it you hosers" and I'm cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I found when uploading that it was better to use the 'insert inline' button, and then you can arrange them as you like. It took me a bit to get used to the way it formats them when uploading, though, because there are no spaces placed between successive ones that it posts.

All in all, I think I like what I see in the new attachment manager, but it's going to take some getting used to.

-asp
    My current worldbuilding experiment(s):
    Geidor
    --------------------------------------------

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
    -W.B. Yeats

One thing that bugs me (aside from the mentioned "jump to last post" not working) is that the search page is missing quite a lot of the old functionality. Specifically, the search by specific forum and more importantly (to me anyway!), the drop down to search for a username either by posts OR Threads started by user. I used that ALL the time in searches to find specific threads and it's killing me not to have that available anymore.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I definitely think there are some pending issues with the search engine. I'm going to try and rebuild the search engine again at a less busy time to see if it makes a difference...I'm not even 100% sure the last rebuild of search indices completed.

Silly thing... the "online/offline" marker next to names.
    It requires a serious double-take to spot the difference... could it go to the same Crimson that exists in the CG-Compass Rose?
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast