Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few more issues

Before the upgrade (using firefox) if I double clicked on a thumbnail it would opend the image in a new tab. Now it points my existing tab to the picture. Could we have it the old way please? I'm spending too much time closing the image only to find I've shut down my session on the site. Cheers!

Blog Entries

I think that when I stab the Whats New tab then the list of new threads come up. I believe that if I reply to one and then hit whats new then the new post is not in the list. Id like to see it like it was where that post was at the top and not highlighted as unread. What I have been doing is replying and then searching for stuff only to lose the thread I just replied to.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

This is just a curiousity issue really, but to the right of the member name there seems to be a button for a pull down menu. When I click on it or hover absolutly nothing happens... Is this a place holder for upcoming goodies, or just redundant?

I like the way the site is turning out quite a bit and like others have mentioned really appreciate all the work that has gone into this site in the past, present and for the forseeable future (say the next 200 years ).
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I noticed that behavior change as well ravells. I'm getting used to it but I too like to preserve my session when I click on links I'm not sure I will want to continue with.

@Korash: Do you mean to the right of our names in our posts? That's the member "online lightbulb" from what I can tell.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Sorry if this has been mentioned but when I include a zip file I'm never really sure if it's worked until I post the message. It doesn't show up in the body of the message that I am writing and if I preview it the attached file box is filled with gobbledigook machine code of some kind. I guess it is only superficial as it's worked every time when I posted but it always creates doubts and the first time I posted I kept trying to insert it again and again because I didn't think it had worked.

Keep up the good work, Arcana. You're doing a bang-up job and everyone on here appreciates all your hard work.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I noticed that behavior change as well ravells. I'm getting used to it but I too like to preserve my session when I click on links I'm not sure I will want to continue with.

@Korash: Do you mean to the right of our names in our posts? That's the member "online lightbulb" from what I can tell.
    Yeah it's the on-line lightbulb...maybe it's your browser, Korash? Weird that it's showing a dropdown menu, it should look like a small gem.

I'd like to mention that there seems to be no way to search for "threads started by" users, which is a very common function in vB. For a site like this, that's awfully important, IMHO.

Just wanted to mention that.

But, the forums are really, really nice! I like the layout and colors!
    Last edited by Sharpe; 02-01-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I was able to search for threads started by myself while I was looking through the challenge threads.

Turns out you just have to be careful which "Search" link you use (perhaps the one at the top needs adjusting?)
    Choose the following one in the top right (it's not visible until you actually go into a forum - and i just noticed it's not there when you're reading a thread, you need to be in a portion of the forum that's listing threads or subforums)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forumsearch1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	21693

Then you see the following options, woot!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forumsearch2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	21692
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 02-01-2010 at 07:17 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Thanks!!! Yeah, I used the one at the top.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast