Thread: Maximum Attachment Size?

Question Maximum Attachment Size?

What is the maximum size allowed for a file attachment to a post (specifically a ZIP file)? In a day or so I'm going to have a very large zip file (aproximately 25 mb) containing the forest fill styles I've been working on in this thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=877

In the event that this can't be attached, can anyone recommend a free hosting site for files of this size? I know my Web site won't be able to handle it, and I don't want to use up TCG's resources by doing this without asking for permission first.

Thanks!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Guild Member

Unless it is different for you... I see ZIP uploads here can be a max of: 4.77 MB.

However, I would be willing to host the file if you need a place to store it. I have some resources to spare. I've offered free hosting at a different site and nobody has taken the offer, so I figured I'll offer it here.

I've been hosting people's downloads for a couple of years and my site has been online for a number of years (2000), and as long as I stay within my allotment I have no problem hosting the file. Some other files I'm hosting are far larger than 25MB.

Plus, unlike a lot of other free hosting sites, the user doesnt have to jump through a ton of hoops to get the file nor look at a million ads.

If you're interested, I'll send you a link where to upload the file.

Mods and admins... Sorry if this post is inappropriate and if it is I apologise.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No Worries MGC...As for the file...feel free to contact me off-site or through PM and we can arrange for you to upload the file to me and I'll put it on the site...I have no problem with large files, I just limit the attachments size to avoid abuse.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Thanks, MGCJerry and Arcana! I forgot the file attachment max sizes were listed on the manage attachments dialog box when you add an attachment.

I should have the file soon, Arcana - I just need to finish writing the ReadMe.txt. This week I got showered with a lot of consutling projects, so I'm swamped for a couple of days. Gotta pay those bills.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales