Thread: The City of Spur

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected wynn's Avatar

Map The City of Spur

Hey folks, I've been lurking here for a while now but I figured its about time for me to show my work. I'm running a D&D campaign and am in the process of creating a world for it. This is something I've been working on for a couple of years now and I'm finally getting around to making nice looking maps for it.

Anyways, this is a map of a city that plays a prominent role in my games, so I decided to finish it first. Let me know what you think!

Oh, I used photoshop for this, and everything was made by me.

Thanks!

Here's part of my write-up for the town.

The quiet town of Spur is nestled in a valley nearly surrounded by a mountain range that forms a horseshoe shape around the valley. To the north and south lie other human settlements. The Gate, the capital of the Kingdom of Spur is 4 days ride to the north. In between Spur and The Gate are several small settlements and inns that line the road north. The southern settlements are mainly small farming and mining villages, most are within a half a days ride from each other.

Spur is one of the larger towns in the region although it is overshadowed by the much larger Gate. It's ruled by a small city counsel(mostly worthless) and a single lord who has been given his stewardship by King Osidious which takes his seat in The Gate. Ninety-five percent of the population is human, the rest are made up of orcs, half-elves(no pure elves are known of), halflings and gnomes. There are a few goblins but most are slaves in the farmlands and mines, if you see one it's a good bet that it has escaped or is on errands for its master. Orcs around here are considered second rate citizens (mostly because they are poor) but there are a couple successful ones. One of them owns the largest tavern in the city, the Wailing Banshee. Most of the orcs/half-orcs in the region are farmers or miners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spur.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	21259