Thread: Help with CC3

Default Help with CC3

Hi
    can anyone help
    while doing a tutorial with CC3 i get this message - fcw32.exe has stopped working. Then it says - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. - close program.
    I loose all the work iv done since last save and is now happening quite alot and annoying lol
    please help

Make sure you have the latest version of the software. From the CC3 menu, choose Help -> About CC3... If the CC Version number is less than 3.40, you need to install the latest patch ( Patch 8 ). You can download the patch from your registration page at http://www.profantasy.com. Go to Service -> Registration on their Web site to log on (or set up your account if you haven't registered your software yet).

If the problem still persists, you should contact Profantasy technical support. Go to Service -> Technical Support on their web site to request help.

If you have Auto Save turned on in CC3 (which is usually the default), look in your Profantasy\CC3 folder for a file called AUTOSAVE.FCW. Sometimes this has your work saved that may have been lost in the original file after a crash. Sometimes.

Hope this helps.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I'll echo Jaerdaph here (long time no see), as this is something more of a techy thing than a "I really know te features of the software' thing.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I'll echo Jaerdaph here (long time no see), as this is something more of a techy thing than a "I really know te features of the software' thing.
    Hellooooo! Yes, it's been too long - good to see you!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

After an extensive try of PS I wanted to try some techniques with CC3 and I got the same problem like Laurant with Win 7 64-bit version. Yes, I have the actual patch and the latest drivers. Turning on the effects let me think I am using a 386. I will use CC3 (some message boxes tell me that I am using CC2) on my laptop with a XP installed (and no problems) until this problem is solved.

Just a quick observation: Some users experience trouble if CC3 is installed in the Program Files directory under Vista. CC3 likes to modify its own folder, but Vista does not permit programs to do that. The results of installing CC3 in its default location can therefore be unpredictable. I know it's a hassle to reinstall the program, but if you used the default install path, it might be worth it.

I am only an extremely casual user of CC3, though, and I've never experienced any of the Vista issues that some people report, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Yeah, I have CC3 installed right in my C Drive for Windows

C:\CC3\fcw32.exe

No problems for me.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks guys, I will try it.