View Poll Results: How do you prefer reputation numerical display

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • The way it is now, with tooltip that shows when you hover over the graphical display

13 40.63%
  • Number in parentheses next to the graphical display of reputation

8 25.00%
  • Reputation count on a separate line from the graphical display like the old way

11 34.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reputation display

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I voted for 2 but 3 is fine with me...I'm an old fogey as well. Gotta go yell at some kids on my lawn now
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

mearrin69 brings up a VERY valid point...enough to actually make me reconsiders...but I'll keep hearing opinions.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Is it possible to set the formatting of the Reputation number's text separately from that of the rest of the site? If so, it may be worth trying to see if you can find some sort of formatting and colour scheme that will complement the green bars of rep. That way, you could put the number after the rep in parentheses (as per option 2, which was my vote, anyway). This would make it easily accessible and potentially intriguing to the new members and make the rep more visible to existing members (which could provide a more forward sense of recognition and healthy competition). Formatting the text in a way complementary to the bars would cut down on clutter, though, as they would mesh well with the bars and could be viewed as a single unit made of two separate entities.

-asp
    My current worldbuilding experiment(s):
    Geidor
    --------------------------------------------

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
    -W.B. Yeats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12