View Poll Results: How do you prefer reputation numerical display

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • The way it is now, with tooltip that shows when you hover over the graphical display

13 40.63%
  • Number in parentheses next to the graphical display of reputation

8 25.00%
  • Reputation count on a separate line from the graphical display like the old way

11 34.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputation display

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Reputation display

I have added reputation number display...I made a command decision and made it so its not exactly visible at first glance. I may change my mind, but for now, i fyou hover over your reputation bar, your actual reputation will appear in the tooltip that pops up. Let me know if you prefer it a different way, and with enough votes I'll change it.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I'm reserving judgement for now. I'd say keep it the way you have it for awhile and don't worry about it unless it proves annoying in the longer run.

That also saves your time for other things like the award icons...

Blog Entries

I like it how you have it now. It looks neater without the extra figure clogging up the style of the forum but the information is still available should you wish it. Very nice.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Works for me! Don't need to change it, its just nice to be able to see it - hover works fine.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it the way you currently have it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was hoping you guys would like it better this way, I'm a big fan of less clutter. Yay!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I'm not a big fan of clutter myself, but I liked the old way, and I didn't think it looked cluttered at all. So I voted the old way.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

At heart, I'm a narcissist, even on other people's behalf. I voted the 2nd option.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Tooltips don't show up too reliably for me with the tablet, so I like options 2 or 3. Less clutter is good, but inaccessible not so much

I voted for the old way and here's why: the current way is nice and uncluttered, true, but with the rep counter clearly displayed and a number nearby with a label noting that this is in fact the user's "reputation" score you're more likely to have new users get curious enough to go looking to learn about the system and start using it. It was a bit of a mystery to me when I joined but I figured it out quickly thanks to the explicit way it was noted and went looking for the FAQ. There are so many icons on the Web that I'm becoming somewhat inured to them - twitter, stumble, bumble, fiddle, giggle, et. al. are all over every tidbit of info on the Internetz and I just don't have the time or inclination to go finding out what they are all about. Maybe I'm becoming a fogey though...darned kids.
    M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast