Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first CC3 Map, very Much WIP - Bloodcloth Island

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Here is a updated map, after a little tinkering based on the feedback Still learning the ropes of this here CC

Please ignore the minty greeen under the northeren forrest... I fixed that afterwards, but since my comp is a bit unfriendly when it comes to rendering images today, i am just gonna keep this up for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodcloth.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	21744  
    Last edited by Elothan; 02-02-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: More info

Good work. With CC3's use of SYMBOLS, I always try and keep the symbols 'contained'. And by that I mean stop them from 'spilling out' from their containing area. Example in you map, the Desert dune symbols spilling across the coastline into the ocean in the lower right of you map. I always find this distracting, and can make an otherwise exception looking map appear sloppy.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Noted, First time around I was going for a sort of transitional effect..Before I started to use countours much.. Guess they must have slipped my view (Working on a 13" Monitor, so I tend to miss things from time to time

Will be fixed in the next version

And yet another small update, some small fixes and a bit off naming.
    I think naming must be my number one problem at the moment, I just cant seem to think of suitable names)
    Enjoy
    Last edited by Elothan; 02-09-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Removed map so the thread would not be so bandwith heavy.. It just had a few minor fixes.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's always a problem for most of us. There are plenty of name generators out there, even many listed around here. I don't use the names straight from the generator but instead use the name as a base and then make it sound more like what I want it to.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

And here is a bit more updated map, with a bit more names, some minor fixes and such..
    Getting a bit tired of seeing the same piece of land, so hopefully I will be done with this soon.

Making this realle learnt me a lot of the inns and outs off CC3, so much that I also bought DD3 and CD3, so perhaps I´ll try my hands at another category of mapping soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodcloth Island 2.PNG 
Views:	81 
Size:	4.44 MB 
ID:	21971  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12