Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your nice images here

Here are a couple of my 3D works... I haven't done anything in a while but I will start with my most recent. The lego snowspeeder is the most recent that I have done. Probly about 4 months ago. The pool balls are from at least 2 years ago, the light bulb bugs are form mid 2008. Hope you guys enjoy these!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lego_Speeder.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	21520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PoolBallRender1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	21521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BugBulg_bkg.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	416.8 KB 
ID:	21522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ManyBugs.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	725.2 KB 
ID:	21523  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I would not have pegged the speeder as rendered - it looks so very much like the one my nephew has The lightbulb bugs are COOL! I want one!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, those bugs are cool. I make Halloween spiders like these with my nieces but we use glass blobs.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Default I've got oodles of 3D models, but here's a few

Before I got into mapping, for about 8 years or so I was playing with 3D, so I've got oodles of 3D models scattered on 3 different computers, though I was using less expensive software like Izware Nendo for modeling and Raydream Studio for rendering - not 3D Max, Lightwave or any of the better apps.

Several of the screenies below actually already exist here in the guild, but here are smaller versions of some of them.

Actually several of these are used as references to create hand-drawings from for the use in map creation...

The first two below I used as reference to create the Dwarf Hold on my December Challenge "Yuleblood" map - the model is untextured, since I only needed reference for the physical, the detail is just out of my head.

The next one is from my November 08 (?) Space map challenge - a model of the Icarus Scout Ship (more in Jaspertyle's flavor).

The next one was for my March 08 (?) Not your Father's Dungeon challenge - which I took more a tongue and cheek approach and this was a comical add-on render just for some more humor. One room featured a Krenshar (D&D beast tiger that pulls the skin off ifs face and displays its inner skull).

The last one is the only side view I have for this model, another D&D beast, the Aboleth - this screenie I used as a Happy Birthday "card" for someone on another forum.

Name:	dwarfdoor.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	21525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwarf-gate.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	21526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	21527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krenshar.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	21528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aboleth.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	21529  

Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Default Another one already posted here..

This one was for illustration purposes and was never used, but in my early study of Japanese stuff for Kaidan, I found this awesome ukiyo-e print of a transitional ship design used by Tokugawa Japan, just before they closed their borders to outsiders. The cool thing about this ship is that it includes features from both Japanese ship design and European ship design, having been influenced by the Portuguese. The Red Seal ship was designed as a merchant flagship to deter piracy by the Japanese in a new trading relationship with China - at the time (1600 - 1640).

The mix of Japanese style and European style sails is one aspect of this. Another is the box like cages sticking out the sides of the ship. These were cannon portals, but the cannons were placed in the boxes. The idea being that a Japanese Castle sometimes has outer attachments called Rock Drops - works like hoarding with a slot cut in the floor allowing defenders to shoot arrows are drop things on those below - same theory, so that's why those boxes exist.

Anyway, I created a detailed model of the ship to reference multiple points of view - the texturing isn't perfect or perfectly colored, but again it was fun to try an model accurately and never used for anything.

GP

Name:	red-seal.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	21530  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-29-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Love the aboleth. Rep for the ship! [edit:well maybe come back to it after some rep-spreading elsewhere. ]
    M

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lovely work!

I gotta ask, what's with the lego snowspeeder? Nobody models a regular snowspeeder and a new rendition of a 3d lego snow speeder shows up on deviant art every week...did I miss the bus?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

A quick play with an idea for glaciation in bryce. I also really like the atmospheric effect. I rendered this in Bryce 6.3. I'm currently rendering another try in the Bryce 7 Beta with sky-based IBL. Attempts to add vegetation instances in 7 have only led to crashes, so I gave up on that.

I'm not too excited by the mountain itself, but the glaciation and atmospherics are good. I think...

Name:	Mountain.png 
Views:	846 
Size:	966.1 KB 
ID:	21545  

Never rendered anything of a landscape element before... Good job! It's beautiful

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, the atmospherics looks pretty decent.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast