Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your nice images here

I found a cheap trick to add faux-conifers, too! I'll post that when and if it gets done rendering.

EDIT: Here we go! I had two different tree layers at different resolutions. That caused a bit of trouble. It's also hard to control exactly where the trees go. Some trees are growing out of glaciers!?! Still for twenty minutes of work and a fifteen minute render with no tragic crashes, this wasn't bad. By Western Oregon standards, this was pretty sparse, but I like it. This, I think, was a proof of concept.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain1.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	21548  
    Last edited by su_liam; 01-29-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Added a forest

Here are a few from me. First up a Warhammer 40k-ish warbot...based very much on ork technology. Next is an axe. Pretty basic, that. Next is a funny take-off on Absolut ads...I used to work for Caligari (makes trueSpace) and this was just sort of a fun little thing I put together. It actually turned out pretty nice. I had forgotten about it until I went digging in my digital storage bin.
    M

Name:	prev.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	21582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	axe_prev.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	21583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	absolut.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	325.2 KB 
ID:	21584  

Looks great, Mearrin69! Did not realize you had some real 3D experience with Caligari. There are many 3D apps I've looked at and wanted - Truespace was one of them. Good to know you worked there. If I may ask, what did you do at Caligari?

Rep for the Absolut artwork!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

@Ravells: Good point. Problem is, that's all I got.
    @GP: Thanks! I was ever so briefly the "director of marketing" there. I have known Roman, the company's founder, for a few years and he was working on something that sounded pretty cool. Turns out he and I didn't really get on very well in the employee-employer sense. Hopefully he doesn't have any hard feelings about it. I don't, the guy's a genius - quirky one, but a genius nonetheless. I first saw his stuff in Caligari 24 on the Amiga (circa '91-'92, the company was called Octree back then) and later, when I had a better job, I scraped together enough to get an early version of trueSpace for the PC (~$800). Bought tS4 when that came out too (the one with the Terminator head, I think?). tS5 and tS6 were "review units" from the company (still have the boxes) as I had met Roman by then. I worked at the company when it released tS7. He sold to Microsoft after I left and now tS 7.x is available for a free download. I'm afraid it has changed beyond my ken, however.
    M

Guild Apprentice

Vue and Daz

Wow, Fluesopp. That's pretty awesome. The background looks almost like a picture. Have some rep.
    M

Very nice terrain Fluesopp. Except for one patch in front of the winged dino, the veg was convincing. In an arid kind of way .

Narada pics!!! Narada kicks ass!

Name:	Naradabig.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	689.2 KB 
ID:	21816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naradabig1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	745.9 KB 
ID:	21817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naradabig2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1,006.9 KB 
ID:	21818  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast