Thread: Geofiction Base Maps using Wilbur

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Geofiction Base Maps using Wilbur

I played around with Wilbur (my first time) and our geofiction world's fractal last night and got some really nice results (I thought) for churning out uniform base maps for players. I also used Illustrator for creating nice paths and of course Photoshop for composing. Combining this with part of the key I made previously for Torentine's political map (if players so choose to use it) gave a nice formula for produce high quality maps in a minimum amount of time.

I'm pretty excited about the realism factor that Wilbur can give to fractal terrains. However, there was some question of the scale of the erosion/drainage being too small (more continental than regional and showing too little detail, river incises) Maybe some of you veterans can help me with this.

The "fun with wilbur" tutorials gave me the basics then it's pretty much play around til you get what you want without altering the original terrain too much.

Here are a couple examples with no cities added yet with a western usa map at the same scale for relief comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KRAV_topo.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	853.3 KB 
ID:	21370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KRAV_political_w_key.jpg 
Views:	893 
Size:	875.5 KB 
ID:	21371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USA_COMPARISON.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	943.6 KB 
ID:	21375  
    Last edited by a2area; 01-24-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: add scale comparison map of western usa