Thread: Red River Crossing commission map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Red River Crossing commission map

This rather unexciting map is a private commission for the art director of Dog House Rules, LLC - he's running a personal Sidewinder game for tommorrow that will be played online using a VT app (not sure which). This map measures 1200 feet square, with each square grid = 50 feet. The Red River is the boundry between Texas and Oklahoma, this is supposed to be roughly due north of Houstin. While it depicts an actual river region, the map follows the personal request of the art director for a specific encounter - it is not an actual depiction of that location, rather a fictional one, but could be accurate someplace along the Red River. Even though VTs can create their own grid, he specifically requested a grid placed by me.

I created a hand-drawing for all the line work, then colored and beveled in Xara Xtreme 4.0 - the entire map took me about an hour to create. While this map was commissioned, you can use it for your own games under the CC license.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red-river.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	324.6 KB 
ID:	21363  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice Encounter map mate im gonna snag a copy for my game thanks. Rep coming your way to (have to spread the love again , i owe ya )

Why Blue for the Red River which gets it name from the red muddy color of it waters?

Just to simulate water more - the idea was to create a river crossing, not so much to accurately depict the Red River. Just a map convention.

Believe me, I'm from Illinois and rivers are silt brown for the most part, but when I place water features in maps they are usually blue.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations