Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muttrah City

Banned User

Default Muttrah City

Hello guy's i've been off the grid for a while, because i've been working on Muttrah City!!
    Here it is!

WIP.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is this for?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Wow, that first image looks absolutely stunning. Totally realistic rooftops. Incredible.

First of all, I take it that the software you're using is actually a map editor for some video game. What is that, Counter-Strike or America's Army? That works really great as a cartographic software, I'm definitely going to check that out.

Second, I think the layout of the city might be a little iffy. While the residential areas look really awesome, I think the port is a little too big for what is really a small town, not a metropolis. The port seems like it could handle several tankers at once, and you'll probably only find that in big international sea trade hubs like San Diego or Shanghai.

Third, the mountains could use a bit of work. I think they look a little too "thin" and with too many "arms", if you know what I mean?

But like I said, I'm really digging on those rooftops and the street layout. It's probably the most realistic I've ever seen. Great work!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

everyone look up muttrah in google maps...its based on the real place...so the port is pretty accurate.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Journeyer

I can't see the images at work which is where I do most of my cartography browsing. If you wouldn't mind, using the forum's built in image upload would be awesome.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Banned User

Hey Guys!
    I used the BF2 Editor as its really good.

http://bfeditor.org/

and sorry Wormspeaker!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, pretty cool stuff there.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Banned User

thank you sir

I like it, and I used to play BF2. I'm into detailed city maps with houses I can enter, and when a map is based off of a real place, that is an instant bonus.

I think I played the original Muttrah City map long ago, when the PR mod was full of glitches beyond what I could deal with. There was this one "porch" or something attached to a house by the water front that I hopped off of, and almost died after that 4 foot drop. I did a lot of dying and damage-taking from pretty much every map back then. Another map had a large field, and my tank exploded from driving over a rock. XD

But that was back in 2007. I played it again for a while last year, and I can say that the PR mod is a lot better now, so don't worry.
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast