Thread: Albums question

Default Albums question

So am I correct in that you have to manually add a finished work to your album? It is not attached to your userid already?

I had figured my album would sort of chronicle my first steps into digital art and one day be full of nice things.

For example I added my first creation ever from gimp and then I took on my first map. I never manually added the map so I don't see it in my album. I know it's on the site somewhere.

I guess my question is how do you guys use your album and do I need to manually add stuff to it or are my posted images already connected to me somehow?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yes, you have to create albums manually. That way, they'll only have your best finished work in them, rather than every image you ever uploaded. I don't know if the new software works the same as the old, but before the maximum size for an album image was somewhat smaller than the max for a regular attachment.

There also used to be a way to set up a link that would show every thread you started in the Finished Maps section, but that syntax apparently broke in the upgrade. I don't know if it's been fixed yet or not.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    There also used to be a way to set up a link that would show every thread you started in the Finished Maps section, but that syntax apparently broke in the upgrade. I don't know if it's been fixed yet or not.
    I don't believe it has, I know RobA was going to look into it. Probably hasn't had a chance to yet.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The other thing is that Albums are completely different from the My Maps thing we were doing. Albums are a collection and they have much smaller size limit as well as a cumulative megabyte limit. The My Maps was a link finder for a specific forum (finished maps) that found all threads started by the author in that forum.
    Last edited by Ascension; 01-24-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yeah, I just looked at the Advanced Search options, and they're all screwy. I can't even figure out what some of the options mean.

edit: Okay, I discovered the "Search by Type" button in the upper right of the advanced search screen. That opens up the options we had before: Searching particular forums and limiting it to threads started by user. Doesn't help with constructing a search link, but at least we can get to what we need to find still.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 01-24-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name