Thread: Google SketchUp Resources

Default Google SketchUp Resources

Last edited by jaerdaph; 09-05-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Here's my share:

Sketchup Plugins
    http://sketchup.google.com/download/plugins.html

Kerkythea Rendering Program (I use it too, it's wonderful. See my scifi posts.)
    http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/inde...tory&Itemid=43

SU Podium Rendering Program Free Eval (Not as good as Kerkythea, but will do)
    http://www.suplugins.com/index.php?p...ge_id=Download
    Last edited by jaspertjie; 01-26-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Wrong URLs

Default SketchUp Ireland Blog

http://sketchupireland.blogspot.com

"A lighthearted blog about SketchUp: New developments, training programs, hints, tips, and general banter about SketchMania: a psychological disorder that locks the victim into obsessive thinking about SketchUp. Generously (of course) sponsored by us: www.viewsion.ie Ireland's Google SketchUp ATC"

Not only is this blog educational and informative to anyone using SketchUp, it's entertaining - be sure to see the "Le SketchUp Learnings" YouTube videos where Charles Edouard Le Corbusier teaches "ze SketchUp":

http://sketchupireland.blogspot.com/...-sketchup.html

Enjoy!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Maybe I missed it somewhere but does anyone know the usage Terms and Conditions for downloaded source from the Google 3D Warehouse?
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I haven't been there for quite some time but the last time I was I remember downloading every medieval thing I could. The comments box under each model had artist notes and the limitations varied widely. Some were free for anything, some were free for personal use, some asked for donation if used, and some you couldn't do anything with (to which I ask, why bother uploading it in the first place?) They also had a sort mechanism so that you look at everything by one particular artist and there were restrictions there if not on the individual models. So you have to check around on each thing. I just use the models for learning how shadows behave...takes too long for me to build a SketchUp house just to see how the shadows act.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

A treasure trove of textures: This article from the official Google SketchUp blog has instructions (both Windows and Mac) for creating your own materials by importing seamless textures into SketchUp.
    jaerdaph

Between Greyhawk and Possum Kingdom, S.C.

I started using G.S. a few months ago. Had to get a book on it (several good used ones on the internet), but I'm making 3D models of buildings left and right. And Google Warehouse lets you import others for your own use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    Maybe I missed it somewhere but does anyone know the usage Terms and Conditions for downloaded source from the Google 3D Warehouse?
    This is covered in their terms of service: "8.2 - For the avoidance of doubt, you may modify, distribute, and create derivative works of Content uploaded by other users in 3D Warehouse." and 11.1 (c) - "(c) By publicly posting or displaying the content you give other end users of the Services a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute (subject to the restrictions set forth in Sections 11.4 and 20.3 of these Terms) any Content or derivative works thereof which you publicly post or display on or through the Services."

Apart from restrictions on aggregating models, anything people upload is free to use and fiddle with (as long as the person who uploaded it is the copyright holder).

Mixail

thanks for the Sketchup Plugins