Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISO Dungeon

Wip ISO Dungeon

Still wanted to do an ISO dungeon... Not sure yet how to work opacity to make things/rooms clearly visible and also not sure if I can make it multi-level without obstructing too much, but here goes the experiment... First sketch attached. cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeontime01.jpg 
Views:	713 
Size:	422.3 KB 
ID:	21471  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The Flash strikes again, man you're quick.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

thanks guys, i'm lucky to have much time off this month and what better way to spend free time then practicing some mapping The linework and coloring so far was still about 3-4 hours of work. Anyway, more details and 1st meddling with colors. Also I added the color palette I used to for anyone interested. cheers

Name:	dungeontime03.jpg 
Views:	1555 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	21481  

Guild Journeyer

Nice! It's a shame that in normal games the players never see the map because iso maps like this seem like a lot of work just for the GM/DM to look at.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Blog Entries

That's not even a parallel projection, let alone Isometric. What you have there is a perspective projection.

It is very impressive though.

hehe, maybe it's not the most practical map for a GM indeed It seems I make maps more from an aesthetic point then for usability (dont ask me why...just like to draw what comes up in my head) ... As for the projection, keen eye Hai-Etlik, it's indeed 1-point perspective projection. Dont know why I call it ISO, I sort of always use the term -wrongly I know- for anything 3d-ish. ok, back to the drawing board ..

heya, i started experimenting with how I can 'break open walls' to give a view on whats behind it. The room in the upper right and the one in the lower right have been done done. Do you guys think its clear (especially the upper right one) what the rooms are like or should i try another approach? thanks

Name:	dungeontime04.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	21500  

*Lets out a long approving whistle* Wow! I am not sure what else I can say here. This is amazing work. *bows* I am not worthy! I can't way to see this when it is done!

For me, it would be a bit more clear that the circular room(s) was underground if above and to the right were some more of the brown color were present all the way up to the edge of the linework. But, thats just me.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast