Thread: Aiad

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Map Aiad

After many long hours of supposed studying, I'm done exams, so I'm allowed to reveal what I was secretely doing when I should have been getting ready for math.

Creation: Went crazy with the brush tool, painting random white blobs, blew up the Gaussian blur, and threw a cloud texture overtop on another layer, setting it to divide (i think). after that, slapped a fountain fill for the climate regions, and played with a whole bunch of textures. next came the mountains, which involved a dignified misuse of the cut-out lab. Combined everything I had together, then cut it out so I could work on the ocean. Also used a new font, Schoon.

the overall style was meant to be similar to Infusion, though with more grunge and .... "Greeblies"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aiad.sat.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	672.5 KB 
ID:	21493  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty cool. Looks to me like you could run with this and develop a style and do up a nice tut here for Corel and maybe help get that software some exposure.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Stunningly beautiful!

Hot Damn that is cool! I like the "grunge" look allot. Only potential infelicity I see is that the cursive font (Schoon?) is a bit difficult to reed. But heck, it looks really good. Kudos Rythal.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 01-28-2010 at 02:38 PM.

A very nice map, i like that textured look. I agree, get corel on the map and do up a tutorial.
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

a tut is in the works, and I will hopefully have completed the first portion by next week (goin skiing with my dad for the weekend, so i wont have access to a comp till Wednesday)

this is a very nice piece! really great use of color. And... dont go skiing and finish the tutorial