Thread: Inn Underground.

Map Inn Underground.

Hey all. Here is an undergorund catacomb portion from an Inn, (something akin to the Friendly Arm Inn from Baldurs Gate) for my campaign. Hope you enjoy this one. I started with a hand drawn image on graph paper and then brought it into photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inn_Undeground.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	851.6 KB 
ID:	21495  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

ooh very dark... i liek. hope to see you take this further.

Any suggestions as to what I can add, or where I can take it further? I was thinking of throwing in some stalagmites and such, but for objects, there isn't much beyond that. There are certainly touchups I would need to do, but suggestions would be quite welcome!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd lighten it up just so that we can see the hallways and such easier. Layer of white set to soft light then reduce opacity to taste.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

to me it seems very... empty. Some torches on the walls would lighten it up, while retaining the dark mood. With these kind of things, I'm used to seeing a large central room, just to give the map some focus. Perhaps it could be a meeting place for some secret society made up of patrons/ innkeeper etc. , or a cellar where the ale is kept in secrecy.

but if you cant change the layout of the tunnels, then the torches would be a nice addition.

I will look into adding a few things. I am making most of the assets from scratch, so I don't have any torches etc made. Part of this is for a class, so I am a bit limited to what I can use as I have to create all the content myself. I will update as I get more things made up. As for not having a central area... I sorta wanted this to be a bit maze like, and be more a natural formation with no point of focus. Not sure if I accomplished that or not, but this is why we practice Thanks for the input. It is certainly much appriciated.