Thread: Search Issues

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Search Issues

Ok, I guess the previous attempt to rebuild the search indexes failed because it didn't return me to the main menu. This time it returned me to the admin menu so I'm guessign the search indexes are rebuilt correctly this time. Check your search results, they SHOULD be better now.

I know all the search functionality from before isn't there...search engine for vbulletin was rewritten entirely, so a lot of the nuances still need to be discovered.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Such as being able to search for posts by user vs threads started by user... Just sayin..
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Click the "Search by Type" button in the upper right corner. That opens up more options that include a filter for "posts by" or "threads started by" user.

It's still not quite working, though. Here's the search results for all threads started by me: http://www.cartographersguild.com/se...searchid=14908

I know I've started more than 12 threads here, but still only one of my tutorials shows up. It's closer than it was, though.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name