Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Dwarven Highway

Thanks. I'll come back to this personal project once I get the commissions and freelance work out of the way. I have many of these that will need to be made for my own gaming needs.

Devin, I hope you don't mind if I nip these for personal use with my ftf group (ie, no intent to repost anywhere.). I am running a campaign that is starting out in a post disaster scenario (wars, plague, pestilence, and all manner of magic destruction) set underground with the PC's living with a number of refugees in a Dwarven city. It's about 1000 years after the exile event, the large main exit has been collapsed to prevent hordes of monsters following into the city proper(which is a several miles from the gate), and it's about time for them to begin trying to find their way to the surface. These sets of maps will come in handy as reference material when they are ready to figure out how to get out(or more importantly, get other people out).
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I don't mind at all, thanks for letting me know. I'd like to say that I could have more on the way.. but I'm probably a month away from getting back to working on these and posting more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
    I don't mind at all, thanks for letting me know. I'd like to say that I could have more on the way.. but I'm probably a month away from getting back to working on these and posting more of them.
    Thanks! No sweat on the additional maps(though I love these and am giddy with anticipation after viewing these several months ago), we only get to play once a month(and there are two campaigns going, mine and a different GM's) and they are about to finish up a quest and have 2 major branching points of locations they have discovered so far and neither of those will lead directly to the exit into the outer world. They are just hitting 3rd-4th level and more than likely won't get to this section until 8-10 or higher which will be months or perhaps a year or more down the road.

FYI, I will more than likely use some of the tokens you made available to the Maptool for use in the distro over the life time of my campaign. Thanks a bunch for them... I had bought a few packs last year, and they were well worth it.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Yikes! Maps like this are the reason i love this place. Love the details, love the style, I just love it....

Thanks Elothan, I'm glad you like them. The second one isn't even done yet.

jfrazierjr, I'm working on more tokens but mostly custom orders right now.. I had planned on doing many more but got sidetracked into more mapping. But tokens are are my list as an ongoing until I can't lift a pencil type project. I'm sure I will have some dwarf centric and northern climate tokens later this year if not sooner.

Those are pretty dern shape, Devin. Definitely looking forward to seeing more, and, as a side note, I'm taken back to the days of 2nd Edition AD&D, when TSR published the Campaign and Catacomb source book. One of the samples they had was a cave system that was similar to what you're doing, and it was always my favorite of all the samples in the manual.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
    jfrazierjr, I'm working on more tokens but mostly custom orders right now.. I had planned on doing many more but got sidetracked into more mapping. But tokens are are my list as an ongoing until I can't lift a pencil type project. I'm sure I will have some dwarf centric and northern climate tokens later this year if not sooner.
    Awesome!!!! This thread finally motivated me to do a bit of mapping of my underground region more than just plopping a few dots down and calling it done(though in all honesty, doing that might have been best to avoid my ADD burn out and a yet another half completed project..lol). Anyway, check out my WIP if you want.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Incredible. No, not grand enough. Let's go with... stunning! I would love to see the overheads for these. Wow! I only wish that I had talent like this!
    John Grigsby
    Gaming Operations Director, CoastCon 37
    Member-at-Large, CoastCon 37

Currently using Dundjinni, Photoshop CS3, and MapTool
    Unless otherwise stated, any work I post here can be freely used and distributed provided credit is given to me as the originator. If you find it useful or make modifications, I'd love to hear about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123