Thread: Seeking Cartographer!

Guild Novice

Default Seeking Cartographer!

-Commission has been taken-

Hi,

I am in need of a map for my campaign. I have a rough concept of the area and will attach my horrible attempt to map it in paint/gimp. If any more information is needed feel free to email me!

Price
    - Please email me to discuss this (fiskonian@gmail.com) I'm not sure what a normal price is for a map but I will pay well

Time Constraints
    - Done by mid-March

Style
    - I am looking for a map in the following style - http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...9&d=1256498734
    (Ramah, big fan of your work! You make beautiful maps!)

Description of Map
    - I attached a scan of a rough sketch of the map I had in mind. Feel free to change whatever is needed, I'm asking you for help.

Quality & Size
    -Professional / semi professional
    -I would like it to be a large map with a lot of area for cities and such things. Something youd have to zoom in on.

Copyright
    - I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.
    Last edited by fiskonius; 02-01-2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Taken

Blog Entries

If you post a few more messages on the forum you will be able to send/receive PM's which can help when trying to find a cartographer for your needs.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Novice

It probably would help quite a bit... I didn't even think about it. Thanks for the tip!

PS - Love your maps!

There is one area that's problematic with regards to rivers (circled in the attachment). The river flows out of the mountains, exits a lake in two directions, and the river splits downstream in one of the directions. This sort of thing is pretty unlikely when following the rule "water flows downhill by the steepest path" rule of streams. Unless there's a critical story reason why you need these features then I would recommend modifying the flow paths.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wyrm-Isles.gif 
Views:	84 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	21659  

Guild Novice

Its just a quick reference map. Anything on it can be changed.