Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Underground Temple

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This turned out quite nicely.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like it. Tell me though.. the cave parts that break in through the walls of the temple, are they behind secret doors? I'm not really sure how they fit in.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Good idea, and well executed. Interesting site too - thanks for pointing that one out.

Aval - I kinda tried to make it look like the walls had broken down bits where people tunneled in, or holes in the walls with cavernous areas around them. I figure a whole temple couldn't have been carved out of the rock and it must have been chipped away from existing caverns. The one in the bottom right is supposed to be an underground waterway where players can swim under and get into the little room on the bottom right, where someone presumably has been napping. I didn't really build a story around it, since these maps are supposed to be generic enough for people to adapt to their needs.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback, guys! I have only just started getting into this kind of thing, and I am still honing my talent and learning the ropes. I appreciate that the community here is nice and encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by BombBomb View Post
    Aval - I kinda tried to make it look like the walls had broken down bits where people tunneled in, or holes in the walls with cavernous areas around them. I figure a whole temple couldn't have been carved out of the rock and it must have been chipped away from existing caverns. The one in the bottom right is supposed to be an underground waterway where players can swim under and get into the little room on the bottom right, where someone presumably has been napping. I didn't really build a story around it, since these maps are supposed to be generic enough for people to adapt to their needs.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. Great work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12