Thread: An Underground Temple

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map An Underground Temple

Hi there, this is my first post and I am eager to contribute to the community. I am working on an underground temple at the moment, and I hope to publish it soon.

There is a little bit of a twist: I've made two maps which overlay each other. The project will be published on six panels, so the idea is you can simply flip over any panel to side B to have a new map. I figure, while things like paizo flip mats are really cool, they suffer from, well, only being one map. I am hoping to create a similar project with the added bonus of the maps being reusable and having enough variety to not have the players saying "Oh, no, not this mat again."

With six double-sided panels, there will be 64 variations, so plenty to keep players busy. Right now I only have the basic floor plans and have just started work on creating furniture and decor for each room (which I am finding far more difficult than I anticipated). I obviously haven't added frills like lighting, shadows, and labeling yet, so I'll try to show a more completed version once I get a little more done.

Room plans include: library, sanctuary, crypt, alter, storage room, and maybe quarters for the devout worshipers who once lived there. I plan to make the place look a lot more weathered and dark than it currently looks, add some stairs and changes in elevation, and I'll be taking care to downplay repeating textures which are kind of obvious at the moment.

Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions!

The images are side A, side B, and an example of the mix-and-match.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floorplans Side B.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	21580  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 01-30-2010 at 04:13 AM.