Thread: Shaded Colored Borders in Photoshop (tutorial)

Banned User

Tutorial Shaded Colored Borders in Photoshop (tutorial)

This is the way I make shaded borders in colors. This map is the one where I developed this technique, and I've used it ever since. Easy and quick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Inland Island Sea 14.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	77248

Here is the tutorial. Please let me know if you find any mistakes or have any suggestions to make it clearer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shaded Color Borders in Photoshop.pdf 
Views:	361 
Size:	870.5 KB 
ID:	77249

Be kind enough to rep and rate this tutorial if you find it useful

Cheers,
    Cornelia
    Last edited by Chick; 11-06-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Rated!... but can't Rep you right now.

This idea is pretty simple and effective. I will sure try it one of these days.

I had no idea this was so easy! Thanks!

Rep!

Just to point out, the original question was to a specific border style. What you said is accurate to the general, but just in case he wants it more accurate to the given image... It wasn't just a gradient. Rather it was speckled. You do it the same way, it's just a matter of the settings being changed in the gradient style. I don't know which settings does it, or combination does it, (it's pretty easy to figure out) but yeah... Just pointing out if that is specifically what they wanted and for some reason couldn't figure out exactly what to do to get that speckled look.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Durakken View Post
    Just to point out, the original question was to a specific border style. What you said is accurate to the general, but just in case he wants it more accurate to the given image... It wasn't just a gradient. Rather it was speckled. You do it the same way, it's just a matter of the settings being changed in the gradient style. I don't know which settings does it, or combination does it, (it's pretty easy to figure out) but yeah... Just pointing out if that is specifically what they wanted and for some reason couldn't figure out exactly what to do to get that speckled look.
    Try using the Noise setting in the Blending Options on the glow.