Thread: Adventure Continent with GIMP and Wilbur - Physical Map

Wip Adventure Continent with GIMP and Wilbur - Physical Map

Hello fellow Cartographers!
    I got in the mood of mapping again, thanks to this month mapping contest. I had a project in mind for a long time and this was mapping out the continent my adventure group is currently living in. Since the group existed before I joined and it was the very first DnD group of all it was building a world on a story no one cared to fill into a world. My Maps I used for the contest are part of this try to fill the world with live. Now I think I have the physical map nearly finished and although I had doubts it came out quite satisfying for me.
    Thanks to RoBa for the basics and Torq for the Wilbur and Gimp technology.

It's lacking labelling (for instance a name for the continent at all ) and fluff but I think the rest is quite done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gesamt1-1.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	21623  
    Avatar by courtesy of Castaras from the GiantitP-Forums

Nice work! I work with GIMP and haven't yet dabbled in Wilbur. I like the impression of height differentiation displayed in your map. My only comment would be that the contrast between the dark green of the low regions, and the subdued brown of the high regions is a tad jarring. I think the overall presentation might be enhanced by a more gradual blending of hews.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh