Thread: Hello from Holland

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello from Holland

Hey there everyone =)

Just thought i'd say hi, after lurking around these couple of days. My DM showed us all a map he made, very good, I might add. When I asked him where he learned to make maps like those, he directed me here, and I'm glad he did. Very impressed with the talent here!
    I'm still a beginner at cartography, and i've already seen lots of interesting things i want to try my hand at. Already did the Saderan tut twice, but i'm still not sure if i like the results i've gotten so far. I think i'll get my hands dirty with Ascension's Atlas style tomorrow, hehe.
    I'll be working with photoshop, and possibly GIMP, but i've got no experience with the second, so i've got to climb that learning curve first.

My maps will mostly be made for fun, since i've not written any stories for a long time now, and I'm not a DM (yet). All I've got so far is one major encounter and some global ideas for a world.

Anyway, looking forward to learning some new techniques!
    Hope to be posting some awesome maps here soon =)

PS: I was somewhat suprised this name was still available. Not so many WOT-fans here, I suppose?
    Last edited by Matrim; 01-30-2010 at 05:13 PM.