Thread: Dreodae

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Default Dreodae

After a few posted WIPs, I think I'm finally ready to give this map my patented "Meh, that's prolly as good as it gets" seal of approval.
    This is a further development of my Oruss Bustan map style, equally patented as the "Yay, 10 hours spent on one 50px-by-50px area"-style.

Anyway, this is your your basic run-at-the-mill fantasy world region, dotted with a bunch of city states (which are wildly out of scale, geography wise).

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP4.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	21629  

pretty cool looking mapl. definitely has its own style about it. very nice.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

I agree with the former comments: your map has a unique and appealing character all its own. Rep from me as well.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

That's really great, indeed a unique style and I especially like how you did the mountains! cheers

Whoa! I love that style! Looks like something out of an epic children's book..or something..I dunno.. just looks awesome!
    I dare not ask.. a tutorial perhaps?
    Doodle it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Has a bit of oriental line work in it, pretty cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

@Matrim

I don't know about doing a tutorial. I think it'll be pretty confusing to follow, and it will also expose the arbitrary methods I used, because I simply didn't know how to otherwise do them. Most of it involves painting with the pencil tool, hard pixes,l and then going through a million steps to get some smooth lines. It could probably be done in a much more efficient way, I just don't know Photoshop, and painting in general, that well.

Haha, I know what you mean, I wouldn't be able to make a tut either bc of the insane number of different things I try before I get the result I want. No worries though, I was mainly interested in the techniques used to get this result, wasn't planning on creating a map in this style. Just eager to learn, that's all
    Doodle it.