Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Search Issues - Solved?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's basically a search string based on started threads in a particular forum. If you hover your mouse over the appropriate subforum link on the main forum page - (forum.cartographersguild.com not the main entry page cartographersguild.com) - it will tell you the forum number in the lower left (Firefox) so that you can change the search to whatever you like. You also need your ID number so hover your mouse over your name and look in the lower left of the screen.

The link looks like this - the site upgrade won't let me post the whole thing without screwing it up so make sure to add the http:// and for some reason it keeps putting a space in forumchoice (apparently it always puts a random space somewhere in a long string as you can see in my underscore line - I wonder why it does that) so take that out.

forum.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumc hoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post

This is your ID number_____________________________^______________ _______________^
    This is the forum number____________________________________________ _____________/

Finished Maps is 36, Tutorials is 48, and Challenge Archives is 59

By using the search string for challenge maps I can avoid filling up the Finished Maps section with my old challenge maps...sure it finds all threads started by me and that will include actual challenges and polls and whatnot but c'est la vie.

"http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumc hoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post"

Hmm, no matter what it keeps putting a space between the c and h in &forumchoice[]...how weird. Of course now it doesn't do it...forumchoiceforumchoiceforumchoice...damn thing. At any rate, just hover your mouse over My Maps there and it will show the link in Firefox in the lower left or right click it and choose properties.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-03-2010 at 07:36 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    "http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumc hoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post"
    You need to use the URLencoded square brackets, so forumchoice%5B%5D=36 instead of forumchoice[]=36 in the link.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I was able to add a link for my Challenge Maps, so I don't need to move them to the Finished Maps forum (unless I want to ).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Thank you, guys! Worked quite well!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I thought about it for a bit, and figured I would move the challenge maps into the finished maps.. that way I get the opportunity to put the completed map as the first post instead of people needing to scroll/page through the thread to find the finished piece.

If that's a faux pas, let me know and i'll happily use a challenge link instead.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Not at all, man. Lots of people do it that way...me n Steel just gotta be different, ya know
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yeah...I gotta be me, and be lazy as well
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think of it less as being lazy, and more along the lines of "efficient" lol

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Incidentally, while browsing through the forum, I found the original stckypost to explain the finished maps link:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ed-map-threads

Perhaps it should be updated with the new addition at the end of the URL?

My finished maps

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Incidentally, while browsing through the forum, I found the original stckypost to explain the finished maps link:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ed-map-threads

Perhaps it should be updated with the new addition at the end of the URL?
    Thanks, I updated the sticky post!

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast