Thread: Antique Style

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Antique Style

This work in progress is the result of a combination of Ascension's, "Antique Style" tutorial and Tear's, "Saderan" tutorial, as well as a few "You Tube" tutorials by Zombie Nirvana. I've attempted to use Tear's elevations, mountains and hills to emulate a shaded relief look.

I have yet to label the geologic features so I haven't merged any of the text layers (from what I've seen, PS7 won't allow me to alter merged text so I've been holding off). I've given a few "city" names an outer glow just to see how it looks and I'll finish that after all of my other labels have been placed to make sure they don't overlap. It bothers me that I haven't included any lakes but I probably won't add them.

Map notes:
    • This map is for a sci-fantasy setting with low populations; it is based loosely on a map I drew in CC2.
    • Neutral Zones are the only international safe havens. Contested Territory, the Hot Zone in particular, are "free for all" areas even for people whose nations are not in a state of war. Most nations enforce a "closed borders" policy to foreigners.
    • Circles mark outpost (italicized letters), stronghold (normal letters) and city (blue outlined letters) locations.
    • Squares represent existing landmarks, man-made and otherwise; blackened squares are ruins. If a landmark is also an outpost/city, then it is shown as a dot rather than a square.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Antique 3.gif 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	21639