Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First map: Unnamed WIP

Looks fantastic! Well done, and congratulations on finishing it

Orignially posted by Matrim,
    I followed Gidde's translation of Ascension's Atlas tutorial for GIMP (here), then redid step 28 (as Arsheesh mentioned before). I used the hills layers as forest layers. (Copied this from Arsheesh as well, apologies )
    Hey apologies are not in the least bit in order here. I'm just glad that someone else was able to make use of (and indeed innovate) that forest-bumps trick. I myself got the idea after going through Gidde's tutorial, and he in turn based the tutorial off of Ascension, and... You see, we are all indebted to someone for what we learn, but that's just the beauty of a Guild like this one: we are engaged in cooperative project of sharing trade secrets! Anyway your map turned out amazing, even without the finishing touches. Post it in the finished maps section and I'll praise it there too.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Matrim, thanks for taking the time to write down the description of your method, but I'm afraid I won't be able to reproduce it since I do not own Photoshop.
    It will still be helpful for those who do though, I'm sure. I'll try to rep ya, but if it won't let me, just imagine a *thumps up* coming your way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123