Thread: Greetings! Oh, and One Quick Quesion... :)

Default Greetings! Oh, and One Quick Quesion... :)

Hail and well met!

Other than "hello," I'm not even sure exactly what that means, but I hear it a lot on fantasy forums. So, there you are.

And, what nice forums they are, too! Been a fan of the work posted on here for years. Some of the talent here is stunning.

However, it's time that I asked for help. I'll be posting in the Mapmaking Request section asking for help (on commission) making four game boards similar to the four Dragon Strike boards from the 1993 board game. The boards will need a hex grid. I would like four 20"x20" boards: one of a grassy field intersected by a brook with trees and paths and rocks and a mountain cliff; one cave with tunnels and chasms; one castle tower with rooms; and one village with small, "roof-less" houses. Unlike the Dragon Strike boards, I wouldn't want any doors or much decoration at all. Doors and such will be provided in-game by cardstock "standies."

If you want to suggest any members (including yourself) for the job, by all means PM me!

On to the question mentioned in my intentionally ambiguously-worded thread title: when using advanced search, how do you search for "all threads started by a user," rather than just all posts? This is the first vBulletin forum that I've not been able to figure that out. I clicked on Advanced Search, then typed a name in the User Name field... Then couldn't find such an option.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, the Guild underwent a face lift not that long ago, and there are a few little kinks to work out, but here is a work-around: Click on a posters name (upper left corner of the post like most other forums I have seen) and click on "View Profile". Once there, click on "Find All Posts" under the avatar (upper left of the page).

Be warned some people here have GOBBS of posts to their name.

And welcome to the Guild.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Be warned some people here have GOBBS of posts to their name.
    I know! That's why I want to search for threads they started. XD

Welcome to the Guild, wish I could help but I've had the same problem myself.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Cheers!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I figured out how to do the "search for threads started by" issue, I've made a post to describe how, with screenshots

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Hey, thanks!!! I coulda swore I clicked all the drop-down menus!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

You probably did! the forum is going through some upgrade pains right now, the search was one of the crossfire victims.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."