Greetings! Thanks for reading.

While I am technically looking for four images to use as "game boards," I don't think they would be any different than normal combat-scale maps with a hex grid.

Commission: I am happy to pay ~$50 per board (negotiable) for the maps via Paypal (that's ~$200 for the set of four). Please send me a Private Message to discuss rates.

Time Constraints: None except reason. Naturally, I'm anxious to have them.

Style: I am looking for four maps in the following styles: Four board game game boards similar to the four Dragon Strike boards from the 1993 board game. The boards will need a hex grid. I would like to make four 20"x20" boards: one of a grassy field intersected by a brook with trees and paths and rocks and a mountain cliff; one cave with tunnels and chasms; one castle tower with rooms; and one village with small, "roof-less" houses. Unlike the Dragon Strike boards, I wouldn't want any doors or much decoration at all. Doors and such will be provided in-game by cardstock "standies."

Description of Map: As stated, I would like four maps for use as game boards.

Remember that old TSR game, "Dragon Strike?"

Links:

I want to create something very much like Dragon Strike, but instead of a board game based on an abbreviated version of D&D 2nd Ed., I want to make one based on GURPS 4e. I mean the full meal deal too -- professionally-printed boards, an instruction book (.pdf) with photographs and illustrations, an adventure book (.pdf), stand-up props and game pieces... everything.

Like Dragon Strike, I imagine four, 20"x20" boards: one of a grassy field intersected by a brook with trees and paths and rocks and a mountain cliff; one cave with tunnels and chasms; one castle tower with rooms; and one village with small, "roof-less" houses. Game boards are normally 20"x20", but there would probably need to be a slight border around the edge of the map.

However, there would be no doors on any of the walls (on applicable boards). Those would be placed on the board by pieces made from card stock, like the game HeroQuest. That way, the village and tower boards can be "different" every time.

I can provide a hand-drawn rough draft of all four boards that you can take and be as creative with as you'd like.

I have my heart set on an artist I like from deviantART.com to do the monsters, PC's, and NPC's on commission. He has a cartoon style that appeals to me, that fits my imagination well.

It would just be for my own personal table-top group. Not for sale or anything else. However, I hope the finished product -- if I ever get it finished -- will be quite nice. There's a company on the Interwebs that prints very nice Monopoly-style boards, but I don't think they makes double-sided ones like Dragon Strike. If not, I'll simply buy four instead of two. They aren't cheap, though. Far from it.

I plan to populate the game with monsters from my Compendium of Sapient Species. There won't be "orcs" or "goblins," but there will be gnoll-like canins, gourouni (short warthog people), cyclops (different than standard, but not much), gargoyles, harpies, minotaurs, Nyfitsa (rat people), ogres (fat, pig-like giants), savralaos (semi-upright crocodiles), and vorock (small, vulture people). There will also be the standard fare of undead: death knights, skeletons, skeleton wizards, and zombies. There will be a handful of NPC's as well.

There will only be one picture of each species (actually two -- front and back), but there will be an image of multiple weapons and equipment for each picture. For instance, one picture of a gourouni holding an axe, the same picture of a gourouni holding a shortsword and shield, etc., etc., etc. You'll just print however many you need or want.

Hopefully, the artist will take me up on my offer. They haven't replied yet.

Quality & Size

• [Professional / semi professional]
  • [Required for print]
  • [Dimensions of map: ~19 inches by ~19 inches]

Copyright - I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Thanks again for reading! Hope to hear from you soon!