Thread: Hail and Well Met and all that...

Post Hail and Well Met and all that...

I've been lurking on your forums and finally decided to join up, in the hopes of learning about fantasy cartography.

I've been drawing maps for years, for my many D&D, Traveler, and Champions campaigns, but have little experience with the digital end of things, and hope I can grow into that area under your tutelage.

I've recently started up trying to break into the ebook publishing field, aiming at D&D 4e under their GSL. And so I need to make the leap from graph paper to digital maps PDQ!

My first released product was a freebie with some nice maps, but sadly, were not my own - I have a Photoshop savvy friend who converted my paper maps to digital, but I'm the self-reliant kinda guy, and I wanna learn to fend for myself! So I'm here to start fending...

So hello everyone... well met!
    Life is the game that must be played. ~Edwin Arlington Robinson
    ...but who the heck is DM'ing?

Welcome Neuroglyph, you are definitely in the right place. Have you checked out the tutorials section yet? There are tons of great walk-throughs located there to help you get started on becoming a pro fantasy map-maker. Best of luck to you, and can't wait to see your work.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Good to have you here. I'm sensing a misspent youth roaming around Faerun from your introduction?

Actually, my first campaign world was Greyhawk back in the day before FR.

But I've become very fond of the Realms and have run quite a few campaigns there in a variety of D&D editions!
    Life is the game that must be played. ~Edwin Arlington Robinson
    ...but who the heck is DM'ing?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's a similar background to me. Always liked Greyhawk (and had the hex map on my wall for a long time) but I was swayed by the wealth of lore for the Realms and have been roaming around in them ever since.