Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Untitled Campaign Map

Guild Member

Default <3

0_0

-_- *blink....

O_O .o0O(oooooh Im in love....)

I realy like everything about this map.. this is a top five of its own...

Cant rep this enough...

Cool map. design-colors-everything.

It's beautiful!!! One (minor) suggestion to try though, you've got a promentory to the top left of the landmass which looks a bit off, made me wonder whether you should put the landmass more in perspective? It would just seem to fit with everything else...but maybe you want it to have that 16th C look without the perspective....

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Yeah, I thought about perspective briefly.. and it's something I'm likely to play around with in a future map, but for the moment I'm sticking to the "Bleau Look"

Ok, I have towns marked out to assist with the naming process
    Red = Village (83)
    Pink = City (12)
    Blue = Walled City (2)
    Green = Castle/Fort (3)

Things should end up looking more or less like the test screenshot from earlier - but I have to say the castle i put in the middle of the mountains looks pretty nice, it was worth all the effort into masking it just right

Oh, and fiskonius, I can place the name of the continent/island in the top left with the scale marker, if you'd like to name it. Won't take any effort at all to make room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scaleda..jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	22769  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Wip

I may be done!

Photoshop was giving me attitude while I was tryin to save the full resolution version to update the DA page, so that hasn't been done yet (while the file as a whole isn't slowing me down too much while working on it, opening and saving can take over ten mins each, yikes).

Anyhow, I took the opportunity to zoomify it!

So, Scaled version to show off most of the map as a whole, unscaled detail closeup, and this time a zoomable/scrollable version at http://home.cogeco.ca/~coyote/mapfile3.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scaleda..jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	22826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scaled..jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	443.6 KB 
ID:	22827  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Excellent work.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Oh, i guess I should have closed off the thread with a post mentioning that it has been completed, final posting in the finished map forum here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...8-Campaign-Map

Thanks though!

My finished maps

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I totally agree - it's just that my scribbling is done with hard round brush on one layer that I then reduce the opacit of and work ove the top of on a new layer. I don't add colour until later. I like the approach of throwing a bit of colour in early on.
    Lol... I sooooooo wish I could work like that, but I NEVER have a clear idea of what the whole thing is going to look like, so I always have to start with a bit here, add color and get right, move to another place, do again... Besides, I am no where near comfortable enough with my line work that I can do something the way I might want it in the first pass....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

You, sir, are awesome. You make maps the way I dream them. Is there going to be more work on this particular map?

No, no further work.

it's done

If you check up a few posts, I put in a link to the final product
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Oh, i guess I should have closed off the thread with a post mentioning that it has been completed, final posting in the finished map forum here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...8-Campaign-Map
    Woohoo!

My finished maps

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789