Thread: Free, Open City Block Raster Symbol Presets for FM8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Free, Open City Block Raster Symbol Presets for FM8

The Vintyri (TM) Project has released a new tool for quickly filling Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 town maps with complete city blocks with full quality raster graphics. This expansion pack for the Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version of the Vintyri Cartographic Collection consists of 168 symbol presets. These objects can be edited directly in FM8. The symbol presets have special abilities and special limitations that normal symbols do not have. Therefore, we strongly urge all interested users to download the free and open 28-page PDF that accompanies this release before downloading the four ZIP files with symbol presets. These ZIPs have a size of 55 to 65 MB each for a total of 244 MB. Therefore, it would be helpful to understand these special abilities and limitations before making the large downloads. To download the illustrated and bookmarked PDF (3.2 MB) and the symbol presets, go to the Cartographic Collection option at:

http://www.vintyri.com

This material is released under the Open Game License version 1.0a. Please note that because this set contains no JPG or PNG graphics, it cannot be used with other mapping or graphical programs. It can be opened and edited only with FM8.
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 02-06-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Guild Novice

it looks really nice, but it's a pity it's for fractal mapper only, because I don't use it, and couldn't even if I would like to because it doesn't run on my system (Linux)