Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Multi-Level City with waterfalls...Advice?

Jesus Christ that's awesome! I especially like the lowest level

This is starting to look really nice. I was sure at first (because of all the cliffs), but now it's really taking shape. The only main suggestion I can offer is perhaps hand drawing and colouring the actual cliff faces? More like in the Cen Hedden(sp) style lower down in this forum rather than an emboss type effect. Apart from that, can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks, I still haven't worked out how I'm going to finish the cliffs. They are still in the place holder stage.

After I add ground texture/ colours, add the building layer effects and vari-colour the upper buildings I'll have a better idea of what will work.

Default Just a little more

Managed to do a little more, so I thought I'd post an update of level 1. I was thinking of going back creating a few more open squares and plazas on level 3, now that I have some on the lower level. Waddaya reckon?

Also, does anyone know how to 1.) make circular roads in CC3 2.) change the colour of a selected group of buildings in CC3 3.) copy an editable layer from one CC3 file to another?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Du Bon Lvl 1 and &#50.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	22677  
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 03-09-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: thought of another question

Default Latest WIP

Here is what I have done lately. I thought I'd get some feedback before continuing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Du Bon WIP 5..jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	22938  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good - have you blurred the building a little, didn't look as crisp as I remember (which is good). Fantastic city - what I think is missing is working on the level differences, each level look mostly like an overhang, so cliffsides would be a nice addition
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank's for the help. I'm going to give this project a rest for a while. It is taking up too much time and I have a few more cities and regions that I want to get on paper for my progressing RPG campaign. I think I'll come back to it in a few week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234