Thread: The Cave at Shadowshield Mountain

Map The Cave at Shadowshield Mountain

Artist's Comments
    Another handout. This one is a prototype dungeon map I did so players would know where they are. I have the hand drawn version with notes with me, and the players would look at the digital version on screen while I (using Photoshop) gradually erase a black hiding layer that I painted over it (kinda like a 'fog of war' effect in strategy games).

The idea for this particular dungeon is to be an ancient scientific lab - That old story about the ancient civilization with advanced technology that for some reason was wiped out of the world to, thousands of years later, be replaced by the current fantasy civilization.
    My idea is to make said civilization a lost race of flesh eating Dopplegangers that enslaved humanity for centuries and suddenly disappeared, perished in biologic warfare. Said biologic agent was harmless to humans and so the humanity came to grow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon_map_by_GasparNolasco.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	21748

1. Empty cryogenic chambers;
    2. Hole in the wall, caused by water infiltration over the years;
    3. Door that can only be open by the touch of a Doppleganger;
    4. (Above) two weapon locker rooms;
    5. Examination room;
    6. Control room;
    7. Teleport room;
    8. Garden.

The grid is 15ft x 15ft or 4.5m˛ which basically means each square has a '4 squares' size.
    Last edited by Nolasco; 02-02-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Guild Journeyer

That sounds interesting. I think your players will really enjoy this.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Great idea. I'm going to have to think about utilizing the eraser\hiding layer method for maps in my own campaign. Your campaign sounds really interesting and tons of fun by the way, I'm jealous of your PC's.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh