Thread: Ginsion Kingdom

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ginsion Kingdom

My first finished map!

Let me first thank everyone who has helped me progress so quickly with this map, and cartography in general. Special mention for Ascension, having made a great tutorial and giving me tips along the way, Gidde for providing a translation for GIMP, and Arsheesh for more helpful tips and inspiration.

The WIP can be found here.

Now, I'm a man of background stories, so I'll provide a little bit of information about the kingdom itself (most of which is copied from the WIP):
    Ulria, Falan and the city of Waterwatch are part of the Ginsion kingdom.
    The Northern Bleak is home to countless of savage warrior clans, but rumours go that one Northman has started to call himself King of the North, having united countless of clans under his banner.
    The Kingdom of Tir Jalla is a sophisticated culture, but remains mostly a mystery to the inhabitants of Ginsion. A strained alliance exists after Ginsion successfully defeated the Tir Jallesian army in order to get a foothold on the barren peninsula (followed by the founding of Waterwatch).
    The Free Isles are home to the scum of the earth, since they have nowhere else to go, apart from the Deadman's Plains, but those are rumoured to be cursed.
    The Harhashhi Desert is home to a people even more obscure and mysterious than the Tir Jallese.

Women's Tear is a giant unnatural structure beneath the sea. It gained it's name from persistent rumours that any ship sailing over its top will vanish off the face of the earth/sea, leaving the sailors' women heartbroken and alone.
    Deadship Gully is a deep chasm in the middle of the sea, home to various strange sudden powerful currents that rise up and crush ships between walls of water
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GinsionWIP3.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	21760  
    Doodle it.