Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginsion Kingdom

Default Ginsion Kingdom

My first finished map!

Let me first thank everyone who has helped me progress so quickly with this map, and cartography in general. Special mention for Ascension, having made a great tutorial and giving me tips along the way, Gidde for providing a translation for GIMP, and Arsheesh for more helpful tips and inspiration.

The WIP can be found here.

Now, I'm a man of background stories, so I'll provide a little bit of information about the kingdom itself (most of which is copied from the WIP):
    Ulria, Falan and the city of Waterwatch are part of the Ginsion kingdom.
    The Northern Bleak is home to countless of savage warrior clans, but rumours go that one Northman has started to call himself King of the North, having united countless of clans under his banner.
    The Kingdom of Tir Jalla is a sophisticated culture, but remains mostly a mystery to the inhabitants of Ginsion. A strained alliance exists after Ginsion successfully defeated the Tir Jallesian army in order to get a foothold on the barren peninsula (followed by the founding of Waterwatch).
    The Free Isles are home to the scum of the earth, since they have nowhere else to go, apart from the Deadman's Plains, but those are rumoured to be cursed.
    The Harhashhi Desert is home to a people even more obscure and mysterious than the Tir Jallese.

Women's Tear is a giant unnatural structure beneath the sea. It gained it's name from persistent rumours that any ship sailing over its top will vanish off the face of the earth/sea, leaving the sailors' women heartbroken and alone.
    Deadship Gully is a deep chasm in the middle of the sea, home to various strange sudden powerful currents that rise up and crush ships between walls of water
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GinsionWIP3.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	21760  
    Doodle it.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Very nice!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Now why can't my mountains look that good. Has some repped, it is much deserved.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Oh my gawd! Why can't my anything look that good!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This turned out quite nicely!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This is an excellent piece of work Matrim! (not that we'd expect anything less from a Dutch guy cheers

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Beautiful!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Very pretty indeed. Good work - repped and rated.

You just hit a whole in one Matrim, seriously great work man. The tidbit of advice I offered you on your trees you managed to take and innovate in new and interesting ways to great effect. This piece ought to serve as an inspiration to newcomers to this sight who lack confidence that they will be capable of achieving the beautiful maps they see throughout this site-your map of the Ginsian Kingdom exposes the lie in that despair. Here's some well deserved rep.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Awesome work. Repped.
    M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast