Description
This map illustrates the northeastern portion of the large continent of Vesta, a landmass in a fictional world that will eventually be the setting for some sort of future fantasy novel of mine. The style of the map is an artistic satellite view with an antique overlay. I tried to produce a rather unique style and grabbed a piece from just about every tutorial on this site. For now the map is considered finish, however when (more like if ) I ever start writing it will be subjected to change.

Here's a little historical background...the main continental area has 8 major cities whose lords and vassals form a large but unstable feudal kingdom ruled from King's Crossing, the borders of which are formed by the imposing Ironside Peaks and the Bloodwood Wilds. Beyond these barriers lie vastly different cultures and kingdoms in the west. The two major islands are separate from this main kingdom, with Illion acting as the center of the major religion and the Isle of Sere being the former home of the Wyvernlords but now reduced greatly in power. My inspiration was largely British simply because I think the way they name things is top notch. You'll also notice that Sere has more of a German ring to it, highlighting their different origins. Other then that I only have a very rough historical outline floating around in my head.

The map itself is 2300px by 2000px at 300dpi such that it can be printed and fit the standard dimensions for a novel (or so I read here ).

Everything from the compass rose to the place icons were created by me, with the sole exception of the image of Atlas in the cartouche, which came from a free font pack on dafont.com. The only font that was used is Roman SD, also a free font from the same website.

I very much enjoyed making this map and I suspect that future projects will involve giving life to the many other regions of this world.

Original Thread
Hestia Revisited [WIP Fantasy Map]