Thread: Physical map color set

Help Physical map color set

Hi everybody

I am working on a physical map, just like in an atlas, under inkscape.
    I am in need of a kind of color set, a "scale" of colors representing the different altitudes, from low oceans to mountain top. I always have a hard time trying to find nice colors that go together well, so that's why I'm asking for help.
    Here are my actual layers, even if I could manage to change them if needed, as it is very early in the project.
    0-100 meters
    100-300 meters
    300-500 meters
    500-1000 meters
    1000-2000
    2000-3000
    3000-4000
    4000-5000
    5000+

I theory I need a color for each layer, going from green to brown-orange, plus a couple colors for the oceans. And a color for coastline/rivers would be nice too.
    Does anybody have something like that laying on his hard drive? Or on the web? Even on this forum?

See i'm so poor in colors that I tried to scan a scale from an atlas i have at home. Bu my scanner can't render it precisely enough.
    I'm working with a set of colors I picked up on a small physical map on the web, but the result is not satisfacting to me.

Thanks a lot!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not sure if this will help you or not, worth a look I think... http://freegeographytools.com/2007/o...esign-resource
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.