Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February Entry: The Tomb of Le Wushi

This is an ambitious and intriguing project. I'm eager to see more!

Don't know if I needed to post the whole thing again, but here it is with some random improvements and a sketch of level two. There are multiple false tombs, each outfitted better than the last to convince tomb raiders that they've reached the prize and can go home...before getting to the real thing. It's filled with traps and guardians...like a small army of clay golems!
    M

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomb-of-Le-Wushi.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	22037  
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-27-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Looks great, Mearrin69!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I begin to fear I won't be able to finish this thing but I'll keep going on it; even if it doesn't make the deadline I want the map finished so...

Had some time this morning to finish sketching in the layout of the levels and noting what everything represents. Here's a quick overview:
    1) Aboveground: The tomb of Le Wushi is accessed via an unmarked cave near the first falls on the "blue dragon stream". It's not far off the track of the old Helei road. Visitors should be wary of entering the nearby woods or bivouacking in the vicinity as this forest is infested with goburen (goblins, lit. "dog fear people") from numerous tribes.
    2) Level One: The natural cave above rapidly transitions to roughly worked stone and visitors descend a steep flight to rough stairs to emerge in what seems to be an austere tomb to some ruler of an obscure kingdom. Most tomb raiders are likely to see through the ruse, however, and search for secret passages - and one is easily found, leading to a second tomb of slightly more grandeur. This second tomb, appears to be that of Le Wushi, and contains four major chambers in which can be found an army of clay soldiers to defend "Emperor" Le in the afterlife, a miniature highly-detailed "spirit world" for him to rule over, a mansion for him to inhabit, as well as a significant trove of treasure. Still, this is not the actual tomb of Le Wushi. Another secret passage opens onto a stairway to yet another level.
    3) The stairway from above leads to a large vault containing a third tomb, also appearing to be that of Le. In it is an even larger treasure hoard and a sarcophagus. Those not fooled by this ruse will find yet another secret passage, leading through a trap-filled gauntlet and a fourth false tomb of simpler construction. Below the sarcophagus here is another secret stairway, this one harder to locate and open, that leads to the true tomb of Le Wushi.
    4) On the third level is a gallery featuring murals of Le's life, another treasure collection, and the mummified body of Le. A final secret passage leads to Le's true treasure, an immense collection of wealth, magic, and personal keepsakes. This hoard has never been discovered and is likely to contain objects of unestimable value.

That's it so far. Starting to play with how to represent all of this in an attractive and workable way.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	22091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.PNG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	22092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	22093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	22094  

Hi all,
    Yeah. It's looking like I'm not going to get this finished after all. Jury duty next week and I've been trying to put in some work hours before that happens. I won't withdraw it yet but it seems unlikely I can get it done before the contest deadline unless it comes after Friday/Saturday, when I might have some more time to work on it. I'll try to put in some more time though before I officially withdraw...I hate to do that. Will finish this in any case even if I don't make the deadline because I want the map.
    M

Sorry guys. I guess I'd better call this withdrawn.
    M

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Sorry guys. I guess I'd better call this withdrawn.
    M
    Bah! Sorry you ran out of time on this one mearrin, but I understand not wanting to submit anything that you can't properly complete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12