Thread: Hi everybody!

Default Hi everybody!

That makes nearly a month I discovered this site and was flabbergasted by what you do. For many of you, the quality of your maps is very impressive.

Since my youngest age, I love maps, fantasy worlds, etc...
    That's in part for this reason that I'm studying in cartography (for the moment I just know a bit Mapinfo and ArcGIS).
    Moreover, I write stories since I'm 12. And as far as my memory goes back, I had always drawn maps .

Please, excuse my poor English, I'm French. I love your language but I'm not very good in speaking English (and I'm quite tired this evening ^^).
    As well, I love speak Spanish and discover the world by travelling, etc...

You should have understood it now : I love social contact, and share with other people. I really regret not having a better English .

Well, I decided to present me to tell you how I love what you do. I had made some tries of maps in the Gimp with Roba's tutorial and the adaptation of Gidde
    from Ascension's tutorial in Photoshop. It seems to me that I progress rather fast but it's not easy 'cause I'd to translate the vocabulary used in tutorials into French.
    I find it's a good exercice but it takes me more time to create maps.

Now, my biggest wish is to make a brillant, a marvellous map with the help of your tutorials. I'd so like to thank you that I don't find a better
    way than by creating such a map.

It will probably take me some weeks, perhaps a month or more but I love so much what you do and what the CG'community is that I can promise you
    witouth the slightest doubts that I'll make such a map and share that one here. And I hope others afterward.

So thank you. Thanks to you and to those who will have read all my presentation .

Regards,

Adu - the newbie who wanted to prove oneself

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hello and bon jour. Glad to have you here.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hail Adunakhor from France! Glad to have you on board. There are many people within the guild for whom English is not a first language, so your in good company (and your English is perfectly good enough for all of us native speaker to understand just fine). As for the software and tutorials you're using, good choice. A tip though, it's much easier to create a "brilliant map" if you post your WIP map early on so that the Guild can offer helpful feedback, tips and troubleshooting advice. Don't feel like you have to perfect your technique before you post your map. Anyway, welcome to the guild Adunakhor, we all look forward to your first post.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected AutumnRain's Avatar

Hello! I'm new here, too! I wish I knew French, but I'm learning Spanish right now.

Thank you for your welcom and bonjour Ascension ^^.

Thanks Arsheesh, you're reassuring me. I hesitated on the way to do my first map but I think effectively that a WIP topic on the forum is the best way.

I'm working on the bases of a novel I will write in a few months (when I'll find time to write seriously, with my studies it's not allways easy) and I'd like to make a world map and regional ones quite ambitious.
    When it'll ready on the paper, I'll do a WIP topic on the forum.
    While waiting, I can repeat the tutorials, perfection a style and try other tutorials on PS or incscape when I find time to do that :-)

PS: Arshees, I love your first map in gimp, very well done

Thanks Adunakhor, looking forward to watching your own "ambitious" project unfold.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

"Ambitious", at least for the newbie I am

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave