Thread: Hey All!

Default Hey All!

So yeah, a friend turned me on to this site and I've been putting off registering for a looooong time, but I finally bit the bullet and did. So yeah, I love drawing maps, absolutely love it. I've been doing this for a while now, and I used to draw maps for my friends when we played D&D. My maps for the most part are, well, simplistic. I haven't really worked on filling them in but am going to start working on that. Anyway, so here's a map I've been working on and off for about a week now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	533.0 KB 
ID:	21829  

Glad you finally decided to take the plunge Webtoe, welcome to the guild! That's a great outline you got going there, looks like you drew it by hand? There's a great tutorial floating around in the tutorials section of the site on pen and ink map-making if you're interested in finishing the map the old fashioned way. If you don't already have mapping software but are interested, check out the sticky entitled "Quickstart guide to fantasy mapping" at the top of the Members Introduction forum, then check out the tutorials section. Glad to have you on board.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Hey, thanks, yeah, it's hand drawn, and freshly scanned. I'll have to check out the tutorials section for that cause, yeah, I do have mapping software, but I prefer to do things the old fashioned way.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave