Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valley Of Nyrhizmen

Wip Valley Of Nyrhizmen

Heya, I started a new regional map. I want to do 3d-ish regional map that sort of "really pops-out of the paper". I also want to improve my drawing skills on mountains and terrain as this will be more detailled then for example the regional Sinisteria map I did before this one so I first did some little concept drawings. I posted both the concept drawings plus the 1st rough outline of the map. Lets see where this will go ... cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nyrhizmen1_concepts.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	792.5 KB 
ID:	21846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nyrhizmen1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	21847  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looking good. I like the rock dragon - and I like the mountains - very craggy. With the river flowing through the grass I hope you're not going to do the whole map like that - it would look phenomenal but it would take forever. Looking forward to seeing the result of this one.

This looks great! I like the little samples you did. If you carry on that way I think this is going to be one gorgeous map.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks very, promising, Djekspek. I have no doubt the result will be amazing.

Wow, it's looking very good!
    Looking forward for the results.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected AutumnRain's Avatar

Wow! That looks great! I really love the detail. It's helpful to see your process.
    Edmond: There are 72,519 stones in my walls. I've counted them many times.
    Abbe Faria: But have you named them yet? ~ The Count of Monte Cristo

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wonderful...now I gotta step up as well I like your little concept sketches and I like the idea of doing those first and making a map that will fit those things into it....kinda going in the backwards way. I'm cool with that - I do it with my rivers and mountains. I like the grassland creek the best, that is uber sweet.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

thanks guys. now i have to make this look good .... started doing some details and finding out its really hard to get detailled shapes look natural (the more you zoom out the easier it is it seems..)... It seems one really has to think about shape and shade which is hard without using references (somehow I never use reference, call me silly but I like to 'let it flow from my head onto the paper' ... But I guess its just getting practise so if I manage to finish this bugger i'll be better at it. Anyway, attached some progress. After i did the rough sketch i pushed down opacity on it, started a new sketch layer and copied some of the concepts on it (they're not all in correct perspective but ill fix that later) then started detailled sketching on this new layer. Also added another color layer to do detailled coloring (1st experiments in left-bottom tho not yet satisfied with it). May not look like much but getting the lines right takes time (and aye torstan, i hope i manage to get this grass/river flow on the whole map, guess it will take ages indeed) ... Just hope i get faster during the process cheers

Name:	Nyrhizmen2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	21892  

more details... this is one is gonne take some time ... but am having a blast

Name:	Nyrhizmen3.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	21935  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast