Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mortiferus Islands

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    The only thing that I really see as a bit weird are the tan dots in the forest - whether those are eraser-holes or non-blurred color adjustments I think that a blur there would go a long way. That's a very minor thing and on the whole it's a great looking map base.
    Duly noted. They are, in fact, eraser holes, letting the underlying color show through gaps in the canopy. How exactly might I improve the look? Blurring the tree layer? Thanks for your input (and thank you for your tutorials!)!

Guild Apprentice

Thanks everyone for the welcome and encouragement, and for your insightful comments! Next time I'll post the whole thing as a work in progress, so I can benefit from your suggestions! Thanks.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Do you have a link handy to this discussion, because the lines do get a tad geometrical for my taste... I'd be much obliged.
    Ascensions antique tutorial contains the bulk of the discussion but I know it's cropped in up occasional WIP threads here and there. Here's the link to the thread, starting with the relevant post where people start coming up with ideas to try
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ll=1#post42474

The following thread is my own contribution towards finding a workable method.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...n-antique-maps

I don't recall specific locations for the other discussions as yet, but I will keep an eye out for them and compile some results as I notice them

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Apprentice

Thank you kindly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12