Thread: Handrawn region for my mod, playable area. WIP

Default Handrawn region for my mod, playable area. WIP

WIP
    This is a more artsy version (with location names) of a map for a mod I got in the planning (I need to find a tutorial on decent heightmaps, then I can start creating the landscaping and port it into the game) soon I will have both the map as the ingame landscaping done and I will start building the cities, adding npcs and so on.
    Last edited by dragonsnout; 02-06-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: New photos uploaded

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

It's a decent start (pulled the URL out of the post, it didn't parse correctly as a link, oops).

The water is very tiled, but I know it's in the early stages Looking forward to seeing more!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Thank you, I beg your pardon ofcourse, my fault, should have know the code wouldn´t work, I am fixing this as soon as I can, the water is just there to tell you where the water is so that you don´t get confused, I will make a better version when I have the time.

Dig the border you got there. This might not be the style you're shooting for, but have you thought about trying to bevel and emboss the red diamonds within the borders? Might be worth playing around with.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Yeah keep in mind this is in it's early stages, I am doing the cities by hand, wich I will be skanning and pasting into my map, the border isn't mine though, I exported it from the .gcfs from dark messiah, they once belonged to the hud.