Hello,

Gorfindle is a retired seller and supporter of Cad/Cam software. Where I live there are no neighbors in sight, but I can hear them sometimes. Unfortunately I am too old to consider moving to a less crowded neighborhood. My first real job was on a freighter working for Interlake Steamship Company and that was where my interest in maps got its start.

I have a daughter who is a writer and I encouraged her to draw a map of the world that she was writing about. She was not entirely satisfied with the result,(mountains, you know)and I began to think about computer generated maps.

I have been doing PhotoShop since ver 2.5 or something like that. But, I didn't find that my past experience was much help. A couple of months ago I stumbled upon "Wilber". Great stuff,"Wilber" is.

Between "Wilber" and PhotoShop I have been able to produce my first map. Marland, the map, is 16"x24" at 144 pixels per inch. The atlas of Marland includes a high altitude view, a vegetation map, a topo map and a political map. At this time, I hope to make more maps based on this topography.

I greatly admire work that I see posted to the Guild and I would like to learn to create some historic maps of Marland. While, I do like what I have done so far, I know it could be significantly improved. So, here it is. I have always liked hearing advice. I don't always take it but, I like hearing it so I will be grateful for all input.

BTW, daughter says she likes the map but, she doesn't seem interested in writing about it. The more I worked on it, the more I knew about what had happened in Marland. So, I have begun to write the story. I don't really expect it will ever be finished; however, it has been great fun.